Full-time · Mid level · Partial remote
Job Title: ESG Strategy Manager (F/M)
Department: Real Estate
Language: French, English
Reporting to: Head of R&D
PRESENTATION OF THE COMPANY
We are a European company with 250+ fully dedicated people to our clients. We provide innovative and high-performing investment solutions across Europe. The company is recognized for the success of its development and its sense of innovation. The group is owned exclusively by its managers.
Almost 120,000 clients trust us with their savings, for a total amount of more than 7 billion euros. The headquarters are based in Paris.
We have offices in Paris, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Singapore, Lisbon and Vienna. Our head office is based in Paris.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
The ESG Technical Manager will be in charge of the implementation of the ESG strategy of real estate funds including:
- Social impact,
- Improvement of environmental performance,
- Adaptation to climate change, biodiversity etc.
The implementation of the real estate funds ESG strategy will be done through both a technical and a compliance component.
The ESG Technical Manager will work closely with the Real Estate team: with the investment team at the acquisition of the properties stage and with the asset management team and the technical team for the development and implementation of the action plans to improve the building’s efficiency. These tasks will include:
- The organization of data collection campaigns in order to have a clear view on the ESG performance of all the fund’s real estate properties
- Help on the ESG assessments of buildings (acquisition and management)
- Monitoring of the definition of the action plans over 3-5 years to improve each building’s energy performance
- The development of programmes for asset classes and individual assets towards achieving compliance with ESG requirements and monitoring the deployment of these action plans
The ESG Technical Manager will work with both the compliance team and the real estate team to cover:
- The monitoring of ESG indicators and consolidation at the fund level
- The preparation of all the SRI reports of the funds communicated to investors or financial authorities (quarterly or annually)
- The labelling process of the funds concerned
- Compliance with ESG regulatory developments: SFDR, Climate Energy Law, Taxonomy, CSRD, etc.
- Trainings of other teams on ESG aspects and responsibilities
This role needs to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to assist the company in developing solutions to respond to the complex and evolving policy, regulatory, and business environment risks and opportunities associated with and ESG in real estate.
- Qualification in relevant field like energy, ESG or sustainability
- ESG related background (3+ years of experience), with an experience on the real estate sector as a great plus
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work across different teams located in various European countries
- Good understanding of EHS management systems.
- Good understanding and knowledge of French regulations and reporting obligations for ESG/ SRI funds
- Ability to quickly learn concepts outside of your area of expertise.
- Strong understanding of how assets are judged from ESG perspective and how to develop roadmap improvements where required.
- Fluent in English and French
Our Group is owned by its managers: its capital is 100% owned by several of them. Having always been independent and profitable, we have been master of our destiny from the beginning. There is no race to raise funds or financing to carry out our projects. Investments are self-financed through the Group's profitability.
To support this ambition and in order to increase our notoriety amongst the general public, we have committed ourselves to several partnerships.
In 2023, we became a major partner of the Aix-en-Provence Festival for three years, one of the oldest opera and lyric music festivals in the world. Between innovative proposals and the desire for excellence, the festival revisits the repertoire and approaches with audacity and participates in changing the way people look at the lyric art.
Finally, we have chosen to support other commitments, notably in terms of Social and Environmental Responsibility. We have developed a partnership with the association "Sport dans la Ville", which sets up and manages sports centers in disadvantaged neighbourhoods, with the idea that sport and the values it conveys can contribute to better integration of local youth. This vision is in line with our values of performance, accessibility and education.
- An innovative, entrepreneurial project in a profitable company with the resources to match its ambitions
- A dynamic, friendly and supportive international working environment
- Well-designed offices offering a pleasant working environment for employees
- High-performance work tools adapted to individual needs
- Home office up to 2 days a week
- Numerous events and opportunities for sharing throughout the year
- Internal progression and personalised training courses
- Details that make all the difference: gym, unlimited hot drinks and fruit, one shared breakfast a week, etc.
This position is opened to all professionals, including those with disabilities.